Take an adventure on the high seas and be a pirate for a day or two! Here are some fun ideas to get the imagination engine running and your explorations started.
Dive into the lesson by selecting a category below.
We Are the Pirates
The Pirate Song (When I Was One)
Over the Deep Blue Sea
- Paint medium-large river rocks to look like gold and gems
- Treasure Maps – throw out some paper and writing/drawing materials of choice. Let children design their own maps.
- Parrots – Paper plates, crayons/markers, yarn & feathers – https://www.gluedtomycraftsblog.com/2016/06/paper-plate-parrot-kid-craft.html
- Pirate Hats or Crowns/Headbands
- Go on a reversed Treasure Hunt by leaving the decorated rocks around your neighborhood
- Walk the Plank! Practice those balancing skills and get to walking! Using painter’s tape (for younger kids) or a plank of wood, have children use their muscles and walk across. Surround them with pretend water (blue sheets, tablecloth or blankets) filled with stuffed or plastic sea creatures.
- Pirate Dress Up
- Pirate inspired clothing
- gold coins
“Exploding” Treasure Chests
Crystal Growing Science Kit
Sink or Float – build your own rafts or boats using materials found around the house and/or outside. See which once hold up and float on the water and which ones sink to the bottom of the sea.